Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was an EXCELLENT weekend for riding. I got out Saturday morning and did about 60km at a fast pace with just me and my friend, Ian Campbell. On the way back we where heading east on lakeshore going about 45km/h (passing cars) a car in the right lane didnt see us and turned to pull into a parking spot and hit my foot and leg and I somehow managed to stay up but it was a close one. I was ok and the guys car had more damage to it than I did. I showed him to check his mirrors.

This morning I did the doughnut ride with Ian and again it was really nice out. It was pretty windy, but that's how I like it. Ressistance. Everything started out fine until about 20km in I was shifting down and my chain popped off so I had to pull off to the side and quickly put it back on. My chain fell off right before Keele where they pick up the pace so I couldn't catch up to the main pack, but I road with a smaller group of about 5-6 people to the bakery where we rejoined the group. The second half of the ride, after the bakery was probably the most fun i've ever had on a road bike. I was in a very fast group of about 30 riders and we went FAST. We held 65km/h for a good 20 minutes on Leslie. Speeding down an empty road with the sun shinning bright is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment