Sunday, January 11, 2009

How I became Interested in Cycling

I have been a athlete my whole life and have played tonnes of sports. I have always biked with friends and with my family but never really thought about pursuing it as my "main sport".

My dad took up cycling a few years back and he rides with a local bike shop a few times and week during the summer and does spinning classes in the winter to keep in shape. It was last summer that I really thought about taking up the sport. I would take out my dads bike on occasion and ride around the neighbour hood or with my friend who also cycles. Now that there is snow on the ground and I can't ride outside I have signed up for spinning classes once a week to see if I like it before I buy a bike.

Ian Campbell is a close friend of mine who has been road riding competitively for a few years now and he is also a motivation for me to start riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment