Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spinning

Spinning is biking indoor on a stationary bike for those of you that don't already know. I currently spin once a week at Chain Reaction (my local bike shop) to get into shape and build muscle for cycling season. I have been spinning for almost 6 weeks now and I am going to go two times a week now because I don't feel like I improve enough between rides when I only go once a week.

The first time you go spinning they do a thresh hold test to see where you are at and to base your other workouts on this number. What you do to find out your thresh hold is go all out for 8 minutes and record your average watt output when you are done, then you rest for 5-8 minutes and go all out for another 8 minutes and write down your average watts again. When you have your 2 scores take the average of that and that number is your thresh hold. For example when I took my thresh hold test for the first time I got 217, and 219 so I added them together and divided by 2 to get my thresh hold, 218.

My next test is in two weeks and I think it will be much improved from the first time. I'll update you after I take it. For now, train hard, fight easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment